Amy’s Kitchen collects information from you on its website in two ways: 1) personal information provided by you on the website and 2) through the use of computer cookies.
Personal Information Provided By You.
Amy’s Kitchen currently has an electronic newsletter and may launch other electronic products in the future. In order to receive these products, it is necessary that you provide us with information, such as your name and email address. In addition, we may ask for additional optional demographic information so that we can provide you a more personalized experience on our site.
From time-to-time we may also provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on our site. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you, such as contact and demographic information.
Finally, if you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our company, products or website, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the website.
All of the above information that we receive from you is voluntary on your part. You do not need to send us any information to use our website. However, if you wish to voluntarily participate in any of the above programs, you will need to provide us with the applicable information.
Amy’s Kitchen’s Use of Your Personal Information
Amy’s Kitchen uses the information we collect from you to customize content we deliver to you on our website and through our newsletter, provide you with information or services you request, conduct research of our website’s visitors for use in our business and product planning and improvements, and to improve our overall service to you.
Amy’s Kitchen will at no time use your personal information for any other purposes or allow third parties to use your personal information for their own use, except to provide services you requested on our website, or as required by law. We DO NOT link aggregate user data with personally identifiable information. We DO NOT sell or provide personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties, except to third parties who help us deliver information that you have requested, or as required by law. We will provide your personal information to our business partners solely for the purpose of them providing a requested service that we cannot. In addition, we will only share personally identifying information with these business partners if they agree not to disclose the information to other parties and agree not to use this information to solicit from you.
We DO NOT collect or use any online contact information or identifiable off-line contact information about a child without parental consent. We DO NOT allow children to post personal information without parental consent. We DO NOT entice children with games or contests that would encourage them to disclose personal information. To comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, we ask that children under the age of thirteen not be allowed to provide any personal information on this website.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
We shall only store so called “cookies”on your computer when you have provided us with your consent by clicking on the appropriate button(s) during your visit of our website. Cookies are small text files that the website stores locally on your computer. Cookies allow us to recognize your computer the next time you visit us.
Amy’s website uses the following cookies:
Expression Engine Cookies
Amy's uses a Content Management System (CMS) called Expression Engine to display our website. Here are the cookies it utilizes:
- tracker - End of session. Contains the last 5 pages viewed. Typically used for form or error message returns.
- last_visit - 1 year. Date of the user’s last visit. Can be shown as a statistic for members and used by the forum to show unread topics for both members and guests.
- last_activity - 1 year. Records the time of the last page load. Used in conjunction with the last_visit cookie.
- cookies_allowed - 1 year. Indicates whether the user has given consent for cookies to be set.
Comment Module Cookies
- notify_me - 1 year. Indicates that a user wants email notification of new comments to an entry.
- save_info - 1 year. Determines whether personal information should be stored in a cookie in order to pre-fill fields in the comment form.
- my_name - 1 year. The user’s name, as entered in the comment form.
- my_url - 1 year. The user’s URL, as entered in the comment form.
- my_email - 1 year. The user’s email address, as entered in the comment form.
- my_location - 1 year. The user’s location, as entered in the comment form.
Additional Logged In Cookies
- perpage - 26 weeks. Number of entries to show on the Content Edit page.
- flash - 24 hours. Control panel user feedback messages.
- cp_last_site_id - End of session. MSM cookie indicating the last site accessed in the control panel.
- expiration* - 1 year.
- anon* - 1 year. Determines whether the user’s username is displayed in the list of currently logged in members.
- remember* - 2 weeks. Determines whether a user is automatically logged in upon visiting the site.
- forum_theme - 1 year. The user’s chosen forum theme if changed from the default.
- forum_topics - 1 year. Read topics in the forum, used to display new topics for the user.
Not set if using ‘sessions only’
Google Analytics (_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz)
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
- utma tracks how many times (if any) you have visited the website before
- utmb and utmc are connected, and track how long you stay on the site
- utmz tracks identifies where you've come from e.g. from a search engine or from another website
Youtube (VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, use_hitbox, PREF)
YouTube is used by the website to store and show video content. These cookies are set by YouTube to track usage of its services.
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE cookie attempts to estimate your bandwidth
- use_hitbox cookie increments the ‘views’ counter on the YouTube video
- PREF is set by YouTube and is a 3rd party cookie served by the domain youtube.com. It may be set when a visitor to this website clicks the ‘Share’ button on an embedded YouTube video. This cookie may be used by YouTube to store session preferences that relate to your activity when watching the embedded videos. These cookies don’t gather information that identifies a user.
Share this (_stid, _uset, _unam, UID, UIDR)
Share This offers the possibility to share an article on several social media. When using ShareThis cookies are used too. These cookies contain information that allow ShareThis to identify the user.
- stid is a random unique identifier and is used to associated users with topics of interest, based upon the content they consume and share
- uset is used to indicate when a user has been cookied so that the task is not repeated in the next 8 hours
- unam counts number of unique users that share content and how many page views are generated from the resulting share
- UID and UIDR are used to get third party measurement of our audience size
Links to Other Sites
This Web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Amy’s Kitchen. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personal information from you.
This website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line. When our registration or order forms ask users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers), that information is encrypted and protected with the best encryption software in the industry - SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, such as when you are just ‘surfing’ the internet. If you want to learn more about SSL protection, please visit this link: http://www.verisign.com/isp/rsc/downloads/sampleSsl.html
If you have any questions about the security of our website, you can send an email here.
Amy's Kitchen, Inc.
3 Saxon Way East
Oakley Hay Industrial Estate
Customer Service: 44 (0) 1536 424 069
Change Cookie Settings: